It’s the most wonderful time of year… So, don’t drink and drive.
The festive Season has now arrived and so have the Christmas Parties, Work Do’s and even the quick catch up friends. More often that not, these outings can result in having a few drinks. Remember if you have a drink, don’t drive!
There are many alternative options you can choose other than driving home:
- Arrange a Taxi
- Use Public Transport
- Arrange a lift with the parties designated driver
- Arrange a lift with a family member or loved one
- Stay over night
A drink driving conviction are severe and long -lasting. No-one wants a conviction as a Christmas Present.
- If you drive a twice the legal alcohol limit you are thirty times more likely to cause a road accident.
- Any amount of alcohol affects your ability to drive.
- Sobering- up tricks do not work.
- Time is the only way to get alcohol out of your system.
- You could still be over the legal limit many hours after drinking
- On average, it takes your body approximately 1 hour per unit of alcohol to process and remove it from your system
If you plan to drive, the only safe option is not to consume alcohol.
Posted by LPN on December 13th 2017